A Memory

This stupendous photo was taken by a friend but it reminded me of an experience I had a couple of times when I was a kid - probably about 1958. As a special treat, my family went to Mooloolaba beach for fish and chips and a game of brandy or tig on the beach. As the sun went down and just as the wet sand went that magic colour of apricot pink, a couple of huge sharks rode in on the waves and rolled up the beach then allowed the backwash to return them to the deeper water only to repeat the trick several times. They seemed to be playing. One even was left stranded by one wave and had to wait for the next to take it back to safety. We wondered if they were using the sand to remove barnacles or such like. What an amazing sight to see and one to be remembered for ever!!!

2 Comments:
Lovely photo. Driver is okay now - just tired. But it must have been food poisoning - it lasted almosts exactly 12 hours (as he slowly died, head leaning against the seat in front of him in the aircraft). Although he got over that, he then got another dose of his Tassie trouble because the antibiotics conflicted with his other medication! bugga.
Hello all! this is Finland calling, admiring and remembering the aussie sun! The photo is breath taking.
I named my blog as "footfingers", as that was a word by the time I was in OZ (1988) to explain that I was talking about toes (before they changed to semiotically boring "toes" in my speech also). In these blogs you might be seeing strange english words by me, so try to bear with it.
Anniina the Finn
Post a Comment
<< Home