1204 to Zagora
Draa Valley
We began by visiting the Atlas Movie Studios (Mollywood) at Ouarzazete which, again, was involved in the movies previously mentioned. Since Intrepid (the tour company) supports Project Horizon, we visited a workshop for handicapped men and women where prosthetics are made for the handicapped and ceramics and silver jewellery is made for sale. It was here I was able to donate some children's' clothing that I had carried with me.
We stopped at a small local store and bought the makings of a picnic which we had beneath some date palms beside a small watercourse which surprisingly had many frogs in the small water pools.
Then the landscape changed again. This time we drove through the Draa Valley which is really a barren mountain gorge that opens out into an oasis which stretches for kilometres. Houses are still adobe and today I did see some adobe bricks drying in the sun. Date palm leaves are used for fences to keep animals in and to separate the small agricultural plots.
Zagora is the hottest town in Morocco but fortunately when we were there it wasn't as hot as Marrakech.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home