17 October Sydney to Brisbane
Arrived in Sydney late as our flight was held up. We sat in the plane at the loading chute from 8.30 until 10.10 while the pilot and crew corrected the cabin lighting which would not switch on. We declared our Lotus Tea and the fact that we had been in the flood waters in the countries we had visited but this didn't hold us up much as only my shoes were disinfected. Using the e-passport fast track certainly saves a lot of time. The customs official gave us a nice "welcome back" once the business was completed.
I had to transfer to the Domestic Terminal and Meryl had to catch a Murray's Coach to Canberra so we had a coffee in McDonalds before going our separate ways.
My flight to Brisbane was delayed by more than half an hour and when I arrived Steve was waiting at the bag collection carousel. I couldn't believe it when I saw a huge plastic bag coming around the carousel with what looked like my plate in full view. Yes, it was my bag - yet another victim of the Sydney baggage handlers.
I had another surprise when I got home. Gonzo had been completely shaven so the vets could find the tick that caused him to be critically ill. He recognised me so I didn't tell him he looked like a different dog. And it was cold when I got home - 16 degrees which is very cold after being in tropical heat for a month.
Thanks Meryl for a beaut holiday. Now to catch up on sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home