Kindilan adventure
A mob of us from the Fernwood Gym at Loganholme went for a day out at the Girl Guides outdoor education centre at Redland Bay. The aim of the day was to challenge us beyond our usual expectations. I'm sure you've heard the cliche, "feel the fear and do it anyway". That was the idea for the day. I must say I felt the fear but I was very pleased with what I achieved on that day. We had a lot of laughs and there were also a lot of tears. Like most mums I've created opportunities for my children to have many experiences or I've sat and watched while they've done amazing things. Now it was my turn.
There were four activities. One was abseilling down a 6 metre tower, climbing a tree to a platform and then jumping off into space (tied on to a safety rope of course), balancing on swinging objects like logs and steel ropes and being pulled up reaaalllly high and then pulling a rip-cord and flying through the trees. Here are some photos for posterity.
The mob
Log balancing.
This is me being pulled up to fly through the trees with the greatest of ease. That was scarey but lots of fun.
We had to balance on a wire and pass our opposition in the middle of the rope. What a hoot!!
Don't you love the rakish angle of the hard hat?
I wanted to do everything twice but sadly there wasn't time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home